Thursday 19 January 2012

Music Recommendation // Grouplove

You know you watch too much tv when you can tell what advert is on tv without even having to look at the screen.But every now and again a new one appears and I have to add it to my memory bank.The brand new iPod touch commercial is an example of this.
The song used for this advert is what made it stand out for me...
As soon as I heard it, I fired up my laptop and went straight to google...I needed to know what this song was.
"Tongue-Tied" by GROUPLOVE.



I recognised the band name...and soon realised I had become a fan of them a few months earlier and yet they had completely escaped my mind.
Their song 'Colours' had been the first one to catch my attention.
A song I had posted onto my Facebook profile (as I only tend to use Facebook to promote bands I find and fall in love with) and had received no feedback from my unappreciative 'friends'.

So now here's my second attempt to convince people that this band is worth checking out.


Their debut album, released in 2011, is titled 'Never Trust A Happy Song'.
It leaves a lot to be desired... and yet creates some mystery, perhaps enticing a person to take a listen.
To me, the title is somewhat ironic as the majority of songs on the album have a cheery sound to them.
I realise it's only January, but like any Brit I'm looking forward to the Summer already and this album would be the perfect soundtrack to anyone's Summer 2012.

'Naked Kids' starts off with the lyrics:
Cruising on the highway with my friends, top down
And we're all on our way to the beach.

If that doesn't scream Summer then I don't know what does.

So take some time out, put this album on and let it blow away your Winter blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment